IMMEDIATE LIFE SUPPORT COURSE
One Day Course
The European Resuscitation Council has developed and Immediate Life Support ( ILS) provider course based on ERC guidelines.
The course emphasizes on enhancing your skills in the management of adult cardiac arrest patients through active participation in a series of simulated cardiopulmonary cases.
- To train healthcare personnel to manage patients in the immediate periods of crisis aiming to prevent deterioration and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- To train healthcare personnel in common causes and strategies for the prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest, and the ABCDE approach
- To train healthcare personnel in initial resuscitation and defibrillation (manual and / or AED) and simple airway management
- To train healthcare personnel to manage patients in cardiopulmonary arrest until arrival of the resuscitation team or expert help
- To train healthcare personnel to participate as members of the resuscitation team
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the causes of cardio respiratory arrest in adults
- Identify patients at risk of cardio respiratory arrest
- Practice techniques for airway management in a simulated environment
- Identify the main cardiac rhythms associated with cardiac arrest.
- Identify the indications for defibrillation and demonstrate safe defibrillation in a simulated environment.
- Work as a resuscitation team member and use structured communication skills.
This course is aimed at hospital & community based health care professionals who need to resuscitate critically ill patients or patients in cardiopulmonary arrest until arrival of the resuscitation team or expert help. (e. g community based & OPD doctors, nurses, midwives , medical students, paramedics, pre-interns)
Exceptionally good candidates selected from the ERC ILS – course will be allowed for the European resuscitation Council (ERC) – ALS course.
For more information : Contact us on – resuslanka.gmail.com