ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT COURSE- KANDY
ONE DAY FULL TIME COURSE
Venue : 2nd Floor, Dr. Tilak Abeysekera Kidney Disease Treatment and Concessionary Centre, Gemunu Mawatha, Hanthana, Kandy.
This one day ALS Program (incorporating online content) based on ERC guidelines, will provide the health practitioner with an opportunity to undertake a structured course conducive to learning, which will assist in the achievement of ALS competency.
This ALS course could meet the requirements of those who need more comprehensive advanced skills than those taught during BLS & ILS courses.
The ALS course teaches the knowledge and skills required to:
- Recognize and treat the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach.
- Manage cardiac arrest, including arrests in special circumstances.
- Associated resuscitation skills- Airway and breathing management, IO access.
- ECG Interpretation and management Tachy & Bradycardia.
- Lead a team, work as a team member, and use structured communication skills.
This course is designed for healthcare professionals who would be expected to apply the skills taught as part of their clinical duties, or involve in resuscitation training. E: g -Doctors and nurses working in acute care areas (ICU, HDU, OT, A & E, CCU, medical & surgical admissions units)
All applicants must hold a current clinical appointment and professional healthcare qualification, or be in training for a professional healthcare qualification.
Medical students, nurses and other healthcare providers not covered in the groups above should be encouraged to complete the Immediate Life Support (ILS) course. Those with a particular interest in resuscitation should then consider attending an ALS provider course, where appropriate. Medical students in their final year of training may be accepted as candidates on an ALS course.
Online study material – link will be sent to the registered candidates to access the online study material ( 20 hours) including the ALS manual -Soft copy .
Total time excluding refreshment breaks & lunch -08 hours (08:00 – 17:30)
How it is taught?
The ALS course has a high ratio of instructors to candidates (1: 3). The face-to-face teaching is mainly delivered in small groups with hands-on practical skill stations and scenario -based simulations. The simulations are designed to develop team and communication skills using the resuscitation skills and knowledge acquired during the course.
Subject is taught by European Resuscitation council instructors, bringing international standards to CPR teaching in Sri Lanka.
Lectures (complemented by online study material)
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) in perspective.
- ALS Treatment algorithm.
- ABCDE approach to deteriorating patient.
- BLS & Safe defibrillation.
- Cardiac arrest simulation.
Practical skill stations.
- ABCDE approach to deteriorating patient.
- BLS & safe defibrillation.
- Air way
- Cardiac Arrest Management (CASTeach).
- Tachycardia & cardioversion.
- Bradycardia & pacing.
- Soft ( Non-technical ) skills
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment occurs throughout the ALS course, which is based on clinical simulations that allow candidates to demonstrate the core competencies that have been taught on the course. These include airway management, initial assessment and resuscitation( ABCDE approach) , BLS & safe defibrillation and cardiac arrest management.
A final assessment of candidates takes the form of management of a cardiac arrest simulation (CAS) and a multiple choice questionnaire.
Successful candidates will receive an ALS Provider certificate, which is valid for 4 years.
The ALS course is recognized for continuing professional development (CPD).
Those who perform outstandingly well may be offered the opportunity to attend a European Resuscitation Council 2 day Advanced Life Support course
How to get registered for the ALS course:
- Fill the online ALS candidate application form (see below)
- Applicant will receive an e- mail /phone call with the registration status. Once the registration status is confirmed can proceed with the payment.
- Once the payment is completed, access to online learning material will be granted.
- Course Fee : 3500 Rs
For clarifications please contact – Tel: (+94) 776624629 or 94 714860360 ( Dr.Buddhini Imbulpitiya-Intensivist)
Email : email@example.com
ALS Kandy 2021 Calendar
|1||24.03.2021||Wend||Dr. Buddhini Imbulpitiya|
|2||26.03.2021||Fri||Dr. Buddhini Imbulpitiya|
|3||28.04.2021||Wend||Dr. Buddhini Imbulpitiya|
|4||21.05.2021||Fri||Dr. Buddhini Imbulpitiya|
|5||23.06.2021||Wend||Dr. Buddhini Imbulpitiya|